With breakfast typically being the most hurried meal of the day, wouldn’t it be great if there is a portable easy to prepare ahead of time breakfast idea? Oh yes, it is! So to take that idea into life, try this bacon and eggs cups that only takes minutes to prepare and can be frozen or refrigerated for a whole week of hearty breakfast which only needs a minute of microwave time.
What You Will Need:
- Eggs (as many as you want)
- Bacon (enough bacon to cover the bottom of your ramekins or cupcake tins)
- Cheese (your favorite cheese, a few ounces will do)
- Parsley for garnish
Whip Up Some Bacon and Egg Cups, Shall We?
- Bring all your ingredients and kitchen tools ready. Preheat the oven to 180C for 10-15 minutes as you prepare the ingredients and the ramekins or cupcake tins.
- Cook the bacon (we are using bacon rounds in this demo), in a bit of water and oil, this will prevent the bacon from shrinking later.
- Place the cooked bacon to form a cup on your ramekins or cupcake tins.
- Add in about a tablespoon of grated cheese.
- Crack an egg over the bacon and cheese so that it is nestled inside the bacon cup.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are done to desired consistency.
- Serve immediately with fried mushrooms, onions and peppers.
- You may freeze them for easy breakfast on lazy mornings, or refrigerate them covered in plastic wrap for breakfast on the go for days you don’t have time to slave in the kitchen in the morning. Enjoy!